The benefits of work experience for new graduates or job seekers.Undertaking work experience can help you to:
- prove that you can function within a corporate environment
- develop transferable skills
- gain useful contacts for networking
- understand the requirements of career options
- impress prospective future employers
- provide real CV content for employers
Making the most of your work experienceFurther your aims and objectives by undertaking specific tasks during the work experience placement
Have a mentor or supervisor for assistance during the placement.
Ask for feedback during or after completing your placement.
Add value to your work experience placementCreate a career skills grid
define, specific, general and transferable skills
identify your current skills profile and skill gaps that require additional training and hands-on experience